- North Inch, PH1 5HS
- £9.69 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 30 hours per week
This position has expired.
At Balhousie Care Group we call our staff Everyday Heroes – and with good reason. They’re making a difference to our residents every single day. They’re also carving out careers for life.
As Scotland’s largest private care provider, with 25 homes, over 900 residents and 1500 staff; Balhousie is one of the country’s leading providers of elderly and specialist care. As well as award-winning care home teams throughout Scotland, we boast a stunning HQ and highly skilled support staff.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our award winning business, based at our North Grove/Inch home in Perth, working 30 hours per week.
To organise and control the efficient and economic production of quality food within the allowed budget, whilst maintaining high standards of cleanliness and hygiene in line with EHO regulations.
- Support the Head Chef in all aspects of kitchen management, deputising at relevant times
- Prepare, cook and serve hot and cold meals, as and when required
- Provide for special dietary requirements where necessary, and take into account the preferences of individual Residents
- Liaise with the Home Manager when planning / costing menus in order to provide a balanced nutritious diet, making the best use of available fresh foods
- Supervise and instruct Kitchen Staff Members in the use of all equipment and hygiene procedures, giving help and guidance where appropriate.
- Maintain accurate records of food supplies, and freezer / fridge temperature
- Ensure statutory Health and Safety standards in the kitchen and dining areas
Skills, Knowledge & Qualifications:
- City & Guilds 706 – 1 & 2, or equivalent (achieved or working towards)
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Satisfactory Police Check and check against the PVG List
- Previous supervisory experience (desirable)
- Experience of food preparation for the relevant Resident group (desirable)
We offer permanent, secure roles with scope to develop and progress within the organisation. Salaries are very competitive and we have an excellent range of staff benefits including shopping and holiday discounts, free health and legal advice, and access to free counselling services.
Join us now in a career that makes a difference.