- Coxton Place, Garthamlock, G33 5AT
- £9,880 pro rata per annum (£18,525.00 FTE)
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 20 hours per week
This position has expired.
Care Assistant Opportunity in Garthamlock, Glasgow
At Bield we value kindness above all and as part of our team you will have a unique opportunity to have a positive impact on the lives of older people. Every day is different when you work in Health and Social Care and while it may not be the job for everyone, if you are reliable, compassionate and have a natural ability to care then you’ll soon become an important part of our already outstanding and caring teams.
We are currently looking for a new Care Assistant to join our Coxton Gardens development to work as part of a team providing high-quality person-centred care and housing support to the tenants.
As a Care Assistant you will be providing person centred care and housing support for identified service users receiving a care service in a housing development or within the immediate local community. You will work as part of the team ensuring a high quality care and support with a focus on maximising the independent living skills of older people and maintaining a safe and comfortable environment for the tenants of the development.
Hours of employment are 20 per week, 4 out of 7 days on an annualised rota basis, which will include mornings, evenings and weekends.
If you are invited to attend an interview, we will discuss your availability; however, you should be able to work at our peak times throughout the day and at weekends.
- Care Assistant hourly rate is GBP 9.50
- Excellent holidays of up to 34 days each year (pro rata for part-time employees)
- Option to buy or sell holidays each year
- Occupational Sick Pay
- Family Friendly Policies
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Career breaks
- Employee Assistance Programme
- We pay the cost of your PVG Membership or record update
- Opportunities to receive support and funding to help you achieve a vocational qualification if you don't already have one
- If you would like the ability to work more flexibly then you may find that joining our bank of casual workers will provide you with the flexibility to balance work and other commitments
Role Requirements include:
- Employment, volunteering or life experience which demonstrates an understanding and sensitivity towards individuals
- Experience of providing person centred care or support to older people is desirable
- To have a genuine interest in, and, an open flexible approach to, the promotion of excellent standards of care for older people
- To have the ability to provide One to One Care: to provide care and support so enabling a service user to feel valued and respected as an individual
- To be able to apply Observation Skills in a Care Setting: to recognise changes in behaviour which may indicate the requirement to alter care and support
- Emotional Resilience: To be able to cope with and respond to challenging situations, e.g. changing behaviour, bereavement
- Ability to work over a shift rota including days, evenings and weekends
Please see the attachment above for the full job description and person specification.
If you require this information in an alternative format, please contact us using the details above.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) which means you must disclose all unspent and relevant spent convictions on your application.
Bield Housing & Care. Scottish Charity no. SC006878 I Property Factor PF000146