Live-In Care Assistant
- 75a Peffer Place, Edinburgh, EH16 4BB, EH16 4BB
- £900 per week per annnum
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
This position has expired.
Life as a Care Assistant with Bluebird Care
Bluebird Care Edinburgh, Glasgow South and Ayrshire are looking to urgently recruit Live-in carers to join us.
As a Live-in Care Assistant, you will support customers with all aspects of their day to day living, so they can enjoy the best possible quality of life. Providing live in care and support is both a challenging and rewarding experience. You will stay in the customer’s home, usually working alone.
A Live-in Care Assistant working with Bluebird Care can expect to earn a minimum of £900 per week, working an 8-hour shift with a guaranteed 2-hour uninterrupted break during each shift.
The key responsibilities:
- To provide safe, reliable, compassionate care and support to meet the individual needs and wishes of each customer, each customer is unique.
- You must respect each customers’ choice about how their care and support is given and promote their dignity at all times.
- You will build positive relationships with the customer, their family or representative and other health and social care professionals.
- As you will be staying in the customer’s home, you will follow their house rules and be mindful of their need for privacy.
✅ Experience is essential! We are looking for someone with minimum 6 months live in care experience along with the right personality and passion for helping people. Full training and support will be provided.
✅ Due to the nature of the care provided we can only accept applications from Female Only candidates
✅ Full driving licence with access to a car preferred, however willing to consider non drivers.
✅ A full right to work in the UK – we cannot provide sponsorship.
✅ Good spoken and written English
✅ Completion of satisfactory PVG check
The Benefits of Working for Bluebird Care
- We value our Care Assistants, so we offer market-leading salaries & benefits.
- Full-time permanent contracts
- Incremental holidays starting at 28 days pro rata including bank holidays.
- £300 Bonus on completion of the 12-week probationary period.
- Company pension.
- Access to SVQ 2/3 in Health and Social care.
- Westfield medical cash plan alongside access to a huge range of discounts.
- Care friends’ points for birthdays, long service, reviews as well as going over and above. We even include 500 points for referring a friend and if you refer 3 you get 2000 points. Each point equals a pound.
We look forward to hearing from you.