- Wallace Court, 191 Main Road, PA5 9ES
- £31,132.27 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 39 hours per week
Relevant experience leading a team within a social care setting is an essential requirement to this role
If you’re looking for the next step on your career in social care, you’ve just discovered it.
Wallace Court is a residential service in Elderslie, providing 24 hour support 7 days a week, to customers aged between 18 and 65 with physical disabilities, learning disabilities and sensory impairment.
About the Role
We are currently recruiting a Team Leader to support the Service Manager in the operation of our care home in Elderslie.
You will be required to co-ordinate and supervise a team of support staff in delivering a high standard of social care practice using a person-centred approach that reflects individual customer's needs wants and aspirations. As a Team Leader you will occasionally work on the floor delivering direct care including medication administration, personal care and moving and assisting. Competency in these areas is necessary to enable you to coach and support staff to learn and develop.
A key part of this role is to coach, monitor, mentor and develop the skill base within the staff team, you will do this by displaying Leadership skills such as role modelling, decision making, being an effective communicator, having a positive attitude, commitment and confidence in the role.
Support for this role will be provided from the Service Manager and current Team Leaders at the service.
You will be expected to work a shift pattern including; early, back and late shifts as well as weekends and on call.
Working with Capability Scotland brings you lots of benefits:
- Fully paid, sector-leading learning and development
- Fully funded SVQ placement – a qualification which is yours for life
- Excellent annual leave of 32 days per year, increasing with service
- Generous and enhanced pension schemes and family benefits
- As a member of our autoenrollment pension scheme, £10,000 provided in the case of Death in Service
- Flexible working is available
- Free 24/7 employee assistance programme
- Free PVG checks throughout your career.
- Access to shopping discounts through the Perks At Work scheme
- Access to Cycle to Work Scheme