- Glasgow, G31 1JF
- £23,890 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36.25 hours per week
This position has expired.
Are you a forward-thinking and approachable leader with experience in the health and social care sector? Are you an experienced Support Worker looking for the next step in your career?
We have an exciting opportunity for an adaptable, dedicated Team Leader to join our Glasgow and East Dunbartonshire branch for 39 hours per week.
The role of Team Leader is pivotal in empowering the people we support to achieve their goals and aspirations. You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the service, including line management of a staff team and direct support as part of your rota. You will use a coaching and mentoring approach with your team to support them to create rotas, update and review support plans and upskill themselves. You will also be responsible for negotiating and reviewing individual self-directed support budgets with the budget holders.
You will ideally have a track record of delivering high quality, person-centred support and have a SVQ Level 3 in Social Services and Healthcare (or equivalent). However, this is not essential – if you are an experienced manager, have the right values and are used to working in a fast-paced, challenging environment, we would love to hear from you!
As travel will be required through Glasgow, it would be preferable if you hold a full, clean UK driving licence and have access to your own vehicle, but this is not essential.
To be a great Team Leader, you will:
- be enthusiastic with a positive, can-do attitude
- be committed to delivering exceptional, high quality care and support
- be able to build and maintain positive, professional relationships with the people we support, their families, carers and other stakeholders
- be confident in the use of different technology for communicating, rota-planning and building Personal Plans for the people we support
- be able to manage and resolve conflict, and have difficult conversations with colleagues and external partners
- be reliable, flexible and responsive to meet the changing needs of the people we support
- be a great problem-solver and decision-maker
- have excellent written and verbal communication skills
The contracted hours will typically be worked between 9.00 am and 5.00 pm, Monday to Friday; however, occasional evening and weekend work will be required. As a Team Leader, you will also take part in formal on-call duties and may be required to pick up support shifts in an emergency.
We are currently operating on a hybrid model of home and office based working. As a Team Leader, you will also spend time supporting your team within the service.
If you’re shortlisted for this post, you will be invited for interview on Tuesday 5 October 2021. All interviews will take place online via video chat.
Do you have any questions? To find out more, please contact Sharon Irvine on 0782 505 0050.
If you’re successful in joining our team, you will be expected to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme and must be willing to work towards a SVQ in Social Services and Healthcare and a PDA in management as required for SSSC registration. We will need you to register with the SSSC within 6 months of starting your employment with us.