- Kirkwall, KW15 1QA
- £28,961 basic + on call payment & distant island allowance
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 39 hours per week
This position has expired.
About The Role
39 HOURS PER WEEK
The Best in You Brings Out the Best in Me
ENABLE Scotland is a dynamic and vibrant social care organisation dedicated to improving the lives of people with learning disabilities and we are looking for motivated and driven individuals to join us in ensuring they have the same opportunities as everyone else.
Are you a driven and motivated individual who enjoys new and unique challenges daily? Do you have the passion and drive to lead a team of frontline staff to support individuals to achieve their personal outcomes, live the life they choose and become an inclusive member within their own community? If so, there has never been a better time to apply!
Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience working with adults and children with learning disabilities, epilepsy, autism and physical support needs.
- Experience in using person centred planning techniques in addition to delivering and leading excellent support practices.
- Strong facilitation skills to encourage staff teams to take ownership and responsibility for the quality of support they deliver.
- The ability to effectively communicate with the people we support, staff teams, families and external care professionals.
- Creating and delivering robust service designs, support strategies and risk assessments whilst managing individual budgets.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise your workload whilst working under pressure.
- SVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent.
- Full driving licence with access to your own vehicle for business use.
At ENABLE Scotland we believe in developing all our staff and we provide an extensive learning programme together with in-house career development opportunities. These include, but are not limited to:
- Person Centred approaches, planning and thinking
- Introduction to autism
- Epilepsy awareness
- Moving and Handling
- Adult support and protection
- Child support and protection
- First Aid
- Positive Behaviour Support
We also have an excellent range of staff benefits on offer including but not limited to:
- Health cash plans providing a wide range of health benefits to help people cover the cost of their everyday health care.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme*
- Season Ticket Loans*
- Generous Refer a Friend Scheme
Starting a career with ENABLE Scotland is the first step towards making a real difference in our award-winning charity’s mission to help create an equal society for every person who has a learning disability.
ENABLE Scotland is an equal opportunities employer and our recruitment, selection and assessment process is based entirely on values, skills and competencies required of the specific roles.
Note: The successful applicant will be required to register with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) within 6 months of their start date.
*Terms and Conditions Apply