- 38 Castle Street, AB11 5YU
- £400,000 - £50,000 per year
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
The application page will open in a new window.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join VSA as a Finance Manager on a fixed term basis (2 Years), which will also cover a period of maternity leave. This is a pivotal and interesting time to be joining the finance department as it transitions to a new Finance System in 2022.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced individual to help us deliver this exciting programme of work. The purpose of the role is to support the Director of Finance in the provision of a comprehensive management and financial reporting service in line with the organisation’s reporting deadlines as well as statutory and organisational requirements.
As a Finance Manager you will be responsible for the effective implementation of the reporting element of the new finance system with line management responsibility for one other team member.
You will need to be a confident communicator with strong analytical, and problem solving skills, and have worked in a Finance Manager or similar role previously.
This role will suit an individual who is keen to help make a difference and help drive financial efficiencies in a non-profit organisation. As a result of covid related circumstances, some remote working is essential, with a return to the head office at Castle Street planned over the coming months.
Salary: £40-£50k per annum D.O.E
Hours: 35 hours per week
Closing Date: 1st October 2021
Purpose of the Role:
Line managing one other member of the team, this role has responsibility for the provision of a comprehensive management and financial reporting service in line with the organisation’s reporting deadline as well as statutory and organisational requirements. The post will also have responsibility for the effective implementation of the reporting element of the new finance system (April 22).
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Assistance with the preparation of revenue & capital budgets
Assisting with budget strategies, planning and organising work programmes to ensure the effective collation of all financial and supporting information required for the production of annual and three-year revenue and capital budgets to agreed timescales.
Preparing consolidated revenue and capital budgets in line with agreed strategies, along with explanatory notes, for consideration by the Director of Finance and Executive Management Team in accordance with agreed timescales.
2. Production of Management Accounts and Reports
Preparing robust and timely management accounts and variance analysis, in accordance with agreed timescales.
3. Preparation of Statutory Financial Accounts
Ensuring the planning and production of the annual statutory financial accounts and working papers in accordance with the relevant Accounting Codes of Practice, which meets external audit requirements and agreed timescales.
Overseeing the production of the VAT quarterly submission to HMRC
5. Financial Systems Review & Development
Ensuring that the new financial system, once implemented is robust, compliant and fit for purpose. Contributing to the enhancement programme, recommendations for systems improvement as and when appropriate. Acting as systems champion for the new system.
6. Financial Policies & Procedures
Ensuring that financial policies and procedures are developed and reviewed on a regular basis to ensure they are relevant, reflect good accounting practice and are effectively communicated and implemented within VSA.
Manage and coordinate audit requirements, queries and recommendations.
- Qualifications or skills and experience to SCQF Level 9 including, for example Bachelors/Ordinary Degree, Graduate Diploma, Graduate Certificate, Professional Development Award.
- Appropriate professional qualification (e.g. CA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Previous relevant experience, working within a finance environment in the third sector.
- Knowledge of charity accounts regulations.
- Recognised Professional Accountancy Qualification.
- Production of periodic Managements Accounts, plus variance analysis, at cost centre level to agreed deadlines.
- Preparation of annual and 3 year revenue and capital budgets at cost centre level
- Preparation of year-end financial statements to agreed statutory deadlines
- Experience of the Charitable sector and its’ accounting and regulatory framework
- Previous experience of line managing staff.
- Experience of working within Social Care and Well Being
- Strategic Thinking
- Strong financial acumen
- Analytical skills
- Knowledge of the statutory, regulatory, strategic and operational issues relevant to the post
- IT proficient in using finance software packages.
- Ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Politically aware
- Awareness of relevant national and local developments (PEST)
- Ability to communicate to different audiences
- Resourceful, with ability to use own initiative
- Ability to interact and communicate well with staff from other professional backgrounds and at all levels within the organisation, in particular the ability to liaise with budget holders from a non-financial background.
- Sound inter-personal skills.
Other Job Requirements:
Subject to Basic Disclosure check and Pre-employment checks.