- 38 Castle Street, AB11 5YU
- £35,000 - £40,000 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join VSA as a Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Business Partner.
This is an interesting time to be joining the organisation as we are in the planning stages of shaping the provision of our future services, which includes re-designing, expanding, and opening new services to enable us to support more vulnerable children and adults living across the North East of Scotland. Models of social care are rapidly evolving, and we aim to be at the forefront of transforming services to deliver better outcomes for the people who need and use our services.
VSA operates across the full spectrum of social care and support children, young people, adults and older adults. We support people from birth to end of life across a range of residential and community-based outreach support services. Now more than ever, more people need our help and support.
This role is pivotal to ensuring the health and safety of all our staff and residents across a wide range of services. We therefore seek an experienced HSE professional who can work independently and pro-actively to effectively deliver the HSE agenda. As an HSE Business Partner you will co-ordinate, support and advise the business on key aspects of Health, Safety and Environment. To establish and support mangers in the reporting and monitoring of standards within their services, ensuring that all requirements are observed across the services.
You will be a key driver of change, implementation the HSE agenda behind key, organisational objectives as well as supporting the internal customer in achieving its service specific aims and objectives.
You will have excellent communication skills with significant experience in a similar role at managerial level as well as having a strong track record in the delivering of improvements in Health, Safety and Environmental Performance.
Salary: £35-£40k per annum D.O.E + Car Allowance
Hours: 35 per week
Purpose of Job:
To work in partnership with members of the management team and within internal customers, developing, leading and managing the Health, Safety and Environment Agenda, providing expert advice and guidance in relation to all operational HSE activity within the services.
To co-ordinate, support and advice the business on key aspects of HSE. To establish and support managers in the monitoring of standards within their services, ensuring that all requirements are observed across the services.
- A single point of point of control/reference for Line Managers providing competent advice for all HSE management issues in accordance with statutory requirements and VSA policies and procedures, thereby contributing to consistency and observance of the legal requirements across the organisation.
- Proactively address the review and update of HSE Policy and practice in line with changing legislative requirements and recognised best practice
- Through a programme of Inspection, Audit and Checks, actively identify key issues, gaps and opportunities for the service, incorporating these in the wider HSE Management Agenda and ensuring that all services are adhering to VSA required policy and practice. Provide appropriate reporting to the Executive Management Team regarding VSA wide performance.
- Ensure the practice of regular Risk Assessment, with ongoing review and update as required. Providing guidance to Managers and supporting the provision of appropriate training to ensure their competence.
- Ensuring that accidents and incidents are documented and tracked, with appropriate remedial actions and learning implemented accordingly.
- Key point of contact for liaison and management of appropriate external specialist consultants and suppliers to ensure a comprehensive provision of HSE Support and Management for VSA.
- Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant HSE and welfare at work legislation, and communicate relevant changes to the business.
- Building strong and mutually supportive relationships with internal Customers, based on mutual respect and challenge.
- Managing own time and resources effectively to meet needs of the organisation, taking responsibility for own personal/professional development.
- Any other reasonable duties, which may occur from time to time, including the provision of cover for HR colleagues when necessary.
Qualification in appropriate / recognised professional and occupational level (e.g. NEBOSH, IOSH)
Experience of supervising/advising people in the workplace
Broad and generalist H&S knowledge and experience.
Sound knowledge of H & S law.
Excellent interpersonal skills
Ability to prioritise a high and varied workload
Good problem- solving skills
Good team player
Other Job Requirements:
As this role requires support across VSA sites, it is therefore essential the successful applicant has a current drivers license and access to a car.
Any offer is subject to Basic Disclosure check and Pre-employment checks.