- 37 Kittoch Street, G74 4JW
- SCP 19–22 (£20,265 – £21,936 per annum)
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 39 hours per week
This position has expired.
About the role
The Support Worker will help to end homelessness through providing a high-quality Reach Out support Service for homeless individuals transitioning from temporary to permanent or other suitable long-term accommodation.
We would love you to apply for this role if...
- You are qualified to SVQ level 3 H&SC or SCQF equivalent (or are willing to work towards)
- You have knowledge of current relevant legislation and policies relating to housing and social care
- You have experience of crisis work with vulnerable groups
- You are guided by the Ypeople values and committed to creating an environment that promotes inclusiveness
You would love to work in this role if...
- You have gained experience of working in a similar environment together with knowledge of issues surrounding homelessness
- You will be passionate about promoting the involvement of those we support in the improvement and development of the Reach Out service.
- You will be an active contributor to your service and the organisations development and improvement.
- You are excited to work in an organisation that celebrates your participation and offers you development opportunities
What you will be doing
- Arranging and facilitating weekly meetings to develop and review support plans in collaboration with the people we support to meet their individual needs to independently manage in their tenancy.
- Developing life skills with the people we support including how to maximise income, involvement in meaningful activities, budgeting, shopping, cooking and any other skills that aid to independence.
- Advocating on behalf of those we support
- Managing diary and time effectively to ensure external Reach Out visits are carried out and continuous support is arranged as applicable
- Working an average of 39 hours per week Monday to Friday with an element of flexible working for occasional Saturday and evening cover if required.
Full details can be found in the Job & Person Specification in the Application Pack
A full driving license and access to a car for work purposes is required for this post
I’m keen! What's next?
Download and complete each file within the Application Pack on our website and send to email@example.com
Please save each form to your desktop before completing. For informal queries or for help with the forms please contact Recruitment Assistant Ainslie Bradley at firstname.lastname@example.org