- Location: Kingarth Street, Pollokshields, Glagow, G41 4NW
- Rate: £10.00 per hour
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Term Time Part Time
- Hours: 16 hours per week
This position has expired.
Position of Childcare Practitioner – After School Care
Hutchesons' Grammar School is a multi-site independent school based on the south side of Glasgow in Pollokshields. In addition to our busy Primary and Secondary Schools we have an active pre-school nursery and After School Care.
Hutchesons’ After School Care is seeking to recruit a highly motivated, enthusiastic Childcare Practitioner to join our busy service.
The successful candidate will:
- contribute to the effective delivery of a high-quality service
- understand their duties and obligations under the Health and Social Care Standards
- create stimulating and creative play opportunities
- work in advance of the children arriving to ensure equipment and play areas are appropriately stocked and safe
- have the ability to work well as part of a team
- be responsible for keeping children’s personal plans up to date
This post is for 16 hours per week between the hours of 1.45pm and 6pm, Monday to Friday (term time only), plus February and October holiday clubs between the hours of 8am and 6pm, plus a week prior to term starting in August.
Ideally, applicants should hold a childcare qualification (SVQ 3 in CCLD or Playwork) or be willing to work towards such a qualification. Previous experience working in a childcare environment would be advantageous. The successful candidate will be required to register with the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme and SSSC.
Please send your CV and covering letter highlighting you skills and experience to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Sunday 20th October 2019.