- Various Locations in Aberdeen, AB10 1AB
- £18,239 - £18,739 per year
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
This position has expired.
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on this link and the Job Profile attached. These explain the job role and the type of person we're looking for.
Location: Various Locations across Aberdeen City
Duration: 4 Year Apprenticeship
Hours: 37 hours per week
To undertake either individually or as a member of a team a variety of duties concerned with Environmental Operations including both general work and horticultural work of a specialist nature in public parks, playing fields, cemeteries, landscaped areas, public open spaces, public roads, amenity areas and housing estates.
The post holder:
- Must be physically fit to undertake the full range of duties of the post
- Standard Grade English at General Level (or equivalent)
- Standard Grade Mathematics at General Level (or equivalent)
The post holder is expected to demonstrate:
Ability to work as part of a team and as an individual
Ability to understand and respond to instructions given
Ability to deal with customers in a helpful and friendly manner
Ability to resolve issues and contribute to continuous improvement of the service
Ability to complete job related sheets accurately
Ability to carry out manual duties in all types of weather
Please see Job Profile for further details
"Aberdeen City Council is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion.
We are happy to talk flexible working and offer flexible working for most roles in the organisation meaning that many of our employees enjoy the freedom of choosing a working pattern that suits them as much as it suits the organisation.
We are a Disability Confident Employer. If you consider yourself to have a disability and think you may require a reasonable adjustment to be made for this part of the selection process, or would like further information in relation to reasonable adjustments, please contact AskHR@aberdeencity.gov.uk.
We are a forces-friendly employer, have signed the Armed Forces Covenant and are a silver award recipient in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme. We have a specific email address for those in the forces, those who have left the forces, as well as their partners / spouses / families: email@example.com. We are able to answer questions about jobs and our application / selection process, as well as about our employee support provisions.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
We have a number of guaranteed interview schemes available to applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our roles and who:
- have a disability
- are care-experienced and aged 16-29
- are aged 16-24 and live in Aberdeen City or have been to an Aberdeen City Council school and are applying for a Modern Apprenticeship (except Trades apprenticeships)
- have done a Foundation Apprenticeship with Aberdeen City Council and are applying for any apprenticeships relevant to the area in which they did their Foundation Apprenticeship
- are New Scots aged 16-24 and are applying for any apprenticeships
Further information can be found at https://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/services/jobs"