- £18,759 - £19,317 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
This position has expired.
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on this link and the Job Profile attached. These explain the job role and the type of person we're looking for.
Status: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Aberdeen, Grove Nursery/Landscape Team
To undertake either individually or as a member of a team a variety of duties concerned with Environmental Operations including undertaking work in public parks, playing fields, cemeteries, landscaped areas, public open spaces, public roads, amenity areas and housing estates.
The post holder is expected to demonstrate:
- Proven ability to work as part of a team and as an individual.
- Proven ability to understand and respond to instructions given.
- Proven ability to deal with customers in a helpful and friendly manner.
- Proven ability to resolve issues and contribute to continuous improvement of service.
- Proven ability to complete job related sheets accurately.
- Proven ability to carry out manual duties in all types of weather.
Please see job profile for further information.
Aberdeen City Council is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion.
We are happy to talk flexible working and offer flexible working for most roles in the organisation meaning that many of our employees enjoy the freedom of choosing a working pattern that suits them as much as it suits the organisation.
We are a Disability Confident Employer. If you consider yourself to have a disability and think you may require a reasonable adjustment to be made for this part of the selection process, or would like further information in relation to reasonable adjustments, please contact AskHR@aberdeencity.gov.uk.
We are a forces-friendly employer, have signed the Armed Forces Covenant and are a silver award recipient in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme. We have a specific email address for those in the forces, those who have left the forces, as well as their partners / spouses / families: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are able to answer questions about jobs and our application / selection process, as well as about our employee support provisions.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
We have a number of guaranteed interview schemes available to applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our roles and who:
- have a disability
- are care-experienced and aged 16-29
- are aged 16-24 and live in Aberdeen City or have been to an Aberdeen City Council school and are applying for a Modern Apprenticeship (except Trades apprenticeships)
- have done a Foundation Apprenticeship with Aberdeen City Council and are applying for any apprenticeships relevant to the area in which they did their Foundation Apprenticeship
- are New Scots aged 16-24 and are applying for any apprenticeships
Further information can be found at https://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/services/jobs