- Various Locations in Aberdeen, AB10 1AB
- £11.24 - £12.58 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 10 hours per week
This position has expired.
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on this link and the Job Profile attached. These explain the job role and the type of person we're looking for.
Duration: Part Time - 10 hours per week (16.30 - 18.30 pm, M - F), Permanent
Location: City Wide
Job Purpose: The purpose of the role is to provide a critical support service which will enable the safe and efficient running of Aberdeen City Council’s (non 3Rs) educational properties. This will require team members to work in collaboration with colleagues from within our Integrated Children’s and Family Services, from the other Facilities Management services which operate in our schools and with Building Services colleagues and/or their sub-contractors to achieve the required outcomes.
The post holder needs to hold as a minimum:
- No formal qualifications are required, however, a trade background and/or previous building management experience is desirable.
- Either has or is able to achieve within 6 months of commencement, completion of a recognised qualification for the safe maintenance and operation of swimming pool plant (e.g. STA/Train-CIMSPA)
- An appropriate level of health and fitness to carry out manual frontline service delivery tasks.
The post holder is expected to demonstrate:
- Working both as part of a Team and having the ability to use one’s own initiative.
- Knowledge of general building maintenance · Security management of multiple buildings
- Ability to operate access control systems, intruder/fire alarm/sprinkler systems and CCTV systems
- Competency and/or previous experience in the use of all Janitorial/Cleaning service equipment and materials provided.
- Ability to operate boiler plant to include heating, hot water and swimming pool plant
- Manual handling and Working at Height processes
- Appropriate level of health and fitness to carry out the tasks of the job.
See Job Profile for further details.
Aberdeen City Council is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion.
We are happy to talk flexible working and offer flexible working for most roles in the organisation meaning that many of our employees enjoy the freedom of choosing a working pattern that suits them as much as it suits the organisation.
We are a Disability Confident Employer. If you consider yourself to have a disability and think you may require a reasonable adjustment to be made for this part of the selection process, or would like further information in relation to reasonable adjustments, please contact AskHR@aberdeencity.gov.uk.
We are a forces-friendly employer, have signed the Armed Forces Covenant and are a silver award recipient in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme. We have a specific email address for those in the forces, those who have left the forces, as well as their partners / spouses / families: email@example.com. We are able to answer questions about jobs and our application / selection process, as well as about our employee support provisions.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
We have a number of guaranteed interview schemes available to applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our roles and who:
- have a disability
- are care-experienced and aged 16-29
- are aged 16-24 and live in Aberdeen City or have been to an Aberdeen City Council school and are applying for a Modern Apprenticeship (except Trades apprenticeships)
- have done a Foundation Apprenticeship with Aberdeen City Council and are applying for any apprenticeships relevant to the area in which they did their Foundation Apprenticeship
- are New Scots aged 16-24 and are applying for any apprenticeships
Further information can be found at https://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/services/jobs