- Kittybrewster Complex, Aberdeen, AB25 3RF
- £14.25 - £14.72 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
This position has expired.
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on this link and the Job Profile attached. These explain the job role and the type of person we're looking for.
Location: Fleet Service, Kittybrewster Depot
Duration: full time (37h), permanent
Weekly rota shift pattern.
Week 1: Monday-Thursday 6am - 2pm, Friday 6am-13:30pm
Week 2: Monday-Thursday 14:00pm - 22:00pm Friday 11:30am-19:00pm
Job Purpose: The post holder will be responsible for inspection, maintaining and repairs on vehicles, plant and equipment within Aberdeen City Council Fleet workshops and depots. To Carry out Fleet and public vehicle annual testing (MOT) and conduct Taxi hackney examinations. To have the ability to work on their own initiative and to communicate effectively with Management team and customers.
The post holder needs to hold as a minimum:
- City and Guilds – Motor Vehicle engineering (3905) or equivalent qualification in mechanical engineering
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Preferably Hold a Mot examiner Certification or to be obtained
The post holder will be expected to:
- Work outside in all weathers
- Occasionally work out with contractual/normal working hours
The post holder is expected to demonstrate:
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers
Please see attached job profile for further information.
Aberdeen City Council is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion.
We are happy to talk flexible working and offer flexible working for most roles in the organisation meaning that many of our employees enjoy the freedom of choosing a working pattern that suits them as much as it suits the organisation.
We are a Disability Confident Employer. If you consider yourself to have a disability and think you may require a reasonable adjustment to be made for this part of the selection process, or would like further information in relation to reasonable adjustments, please contact AskHR@aberdeencity.gov.uk.
We are a forces-friendly employer, have signed the Armed Forces Covenant and are a silver award recipient in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme. We have a specific email address for those in the forces, those who have left the forces, as well as their partners / spouses / families: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are able to answer questions about jobs and our application / selection process, as well as about our employee support provisions.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
We have a number of guaranteed interview schemes available to applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our roles and who:
- have a disability
- are care-experienced and aged 16-29
- are aged 16-24 and live in Aberdeen City or have been to an Aberdeen City Council school and are applying for a Modern Apprenticeship (except Trades apprenticeships)
- have done a Foundation Apprenticeship with Aberdeen City Council and are applying for any apprenticeships relevant to the area in which they did their Foundation Apprenticeship
- are New Scots aged 16-24 and are applying for any apprenticeships
Further information can be found at https://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/services/jobs