- Various Locations in Aberdeen, AB10 1AB
- £10.80 - £12.14 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Term Time Part Time
This position has expired.
"Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on this link and the Job Profile attached. These explain the job role and the type of person we're looking for".
Hours: Part-Time , Casual / Relief
Candidates must be able to cook and have the relevant experiences or qualifications.
To assist the Cook in Charge in the preparation and serving of meals in a safe, hygienic, efficient manner providing a high standard of customer service.
Requirement to work ad-hoc at a time suitable to both parties in various location throughout the city.
The post holder needs to hold as a minimum:
• An Elementary Food Hygiene Certificate or willingness to undertake and pass this course within 6 months.
• FSA – Food Standards Agency's food allergy online training and pass this course within 1 month
• Be able to cook and have the relevant experiences or qualifications.
The post holder is expected to demonstrate:
• Awareness of risks within a kitchen environment.
• Ability to count cash and cheques.
• Sound written and numeracy skills
• Sound understanding of the English language
• Sound ICT skills pertaining to the functions of catering services
• Ability to follow defined recipes provided by the service for the preparation of meals
• Ability to deputise for any Cook in Charge during periods of absence
• High standard of hygiene awareness
Please see Job Profile for further details.
Aberdeen City Council is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion.
We are happy to talk flexible working and offer flexible working for most roles in the organisation meaning that many of our employees enjoy the freedom of choosing a working pattern that suits them as much as it suits the organisation.
We are a Disability Confident Employer. If you consider yourself to have a disability and think you may require a reasonable adjustment to be made for this part of the selection process, or would like further information in relation to reasonable adjustments, please contact AskHR@aberdeencity.gov.uk.
We are a forces-friendly employer, have signed the Armed Forces Covenant and are a silver award recipient in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme. We have a specific email address for those in the forces, those who have left the forces, as well as their partners / spouses / families: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are able to answer questions about jobs and our application / selection process, as well as about our employee support provisions.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
We have a number of guaranteed interview schemes available to applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our roles and who:
- have a disability
- are care-experienced and aged 16-29
- are aged 16-24 and live in Aberdeen City or have been to an Aberdeen City Council school and are applying for a Modern Apprenticeship (except Trades apprenticeships)
- have done a Foundation Apprenticeship with Aberdeen City Council and are applying for any apprenticeships relevant to the area in which they did their Foundation Apprenticeship
- are New Scots aged 16-24 and are applying for any apprenticeships
Further information can be found at https://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/services/jobs