- Location: Marischal College, Broad Street, Aberdeen, AB10 1AB
- Rate: £13.27 - £15.12 per hour
- Contract Type: Fixed Term
- Position Type: Part Time
- Hours: 22.2 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on this link and the Job Profile attached. These explain the job role and the type of person we're looking for.
Location: Marischal College
Duration: 22.2 hours, fixed term up to 2 years
To ensure that works carried out by Utility Contractors, Private Contractors and Developers comply with the drawings, specifications and standards as contained within the Codes of Practice. Included in the role is the requirement to monitor all other street work activities covered by the Roads (Scotland) Act 1984, including skips, scaffolds, cherry pickers and Section 56 and 109 works. Noticing relating to Temporary Traffic Regulation Orders need to be installed adjacent to the relevant works, monitored and removed on completion.
The post holder needs to hold as a minimum:
Full current UK Driving Licence
The post holder must be prepared to:
Work outside in all weathers
The post holder is expected to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of the Civil Engineering or Road Construction industry
- Knowledge and experience of site works
- Ability to carry appropriate manual tasks
- Ability to exercise own judgement
- IT competencies, including Word, Excel and Symology
- Keep up-to-date records in relation to inspections and site visits
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplined team environment and on own initiative
- Analytical skills
- Clean driving licence
Please see the attached job profile for further information about this post.