- Kittybrewster Complex, Aberdeen, AB25 3RF
- £10.05 - £10.69 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 37 hours per week
This position has expired.
"Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on this link and the Job Profile attached. These explain the job role and the type of person we're looking for".
Location: Kittybrewster (Fleet Services)
The post holder will be responsible for the daily operations of the Fleet vehicle movements within Kitty Brewster yard/workshop. There responsibilities will be to carry out duties in compliance with health and safety regulations and procedures and operate Council equipment to the required standard and report any defects to their supervisor. There may require the completion of paperwork.
The post holder needs to hold as a minimum:
• Hold a Category C (HGV) driving licence and relevant CPC
The post holder will be expected to:
• Work outside in all weathers.
• Work a shift pattern where contracted hours are worked between the hours of 0600 to
2200 Monday to Thursday and 0600 to 1900 Fridays inclusive.
The post holder is expected to demonstrate:
• Ability to drive a heavy goods vehicle.
• Ability to work on own initiative.
• Ability to communicate effectively with customers.
Please see Job Profile for further details.
Aberdeen City Council is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion.
We are happy to talk flexible working and offer flexible working for most roles in the organisation meaning that many of our employees enjoy the freedom of choosing a working pattern that suits them as much as it suits the organisation.
We are a Disability Confident Employer. If you consider yourself to have a disability and think you may require a reasonable adjustment to be made for this part of the selection process, or would like further information in relation to reasonable adjustments, please contact AskHR@aberdeencity.gov.uk.
We are a forces-friendly employer, have signed the Armed Forces Covenant and are a silver award recipient in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme. We have a specific email address for those in the forces, those who have left the forces, as well as their partners / spouses / families: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are able to answer questions about jobs and our application / selection process, as well as about our employee support provisions.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
We have a number of guaranteed interview schemes available to applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our roles and who:
- have a disability
- are care-experienced and aged 16-29
- are aged 16-24 and live in Aberdeen City or have been to an Aberdeen City Council school and are applying for a Modern Apprenticeship (except Trades apprenticeships)
- have done a Foundation Apprenticeship with Aberdeen City Council and are applying for any apprenticeships relevant to the area in which they did their Foundation Apprenticeship
- are New Scots aged 16-24 and are applying for any apprenticeships
Further information can be found at https://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/services/jobs