- Various Locations in Aberdeen, AB10 1AB
- £10.80 - £12.14 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Full Time & Part Time
"Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on this link and the Job Profile attached. These explain the job role and the type of person we're looking for".
Location: Various across Aberdeen City
Duration: Fixed Term - Full Time / Part Time
To deliver a Statutory Social Work Service by working as part of a team. Guidance and supervision will be provided to create an environment where each service user is enabled to maintain and develop their potential and to contribute to the service users’ social, physical and mental wellbeing and promote active citizenship in a holistic way.
The post holder needs to hold as a minimum:
- SVQ level III in Social Care or willingness to achieve according to the requirements of the SSSC
- Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) membership or willingness to obtain prior to a formal offer of employment being made.
The post holder will be expected to:
- Work at weekends
- Work to a shift pattern as required
- Work at alternative locations as required
- Adhere to SSSC codes of practice, Council Policy and Procedures and relevant Legislation
- Take responsibility for shift planning and team working
- Mentor and support new staff/students
- Lone work
The post holder is expected to demonstrate:
- Good practice; recognising the support needs of people with learning disabilities; specifically promoting dignity, respect and promotion of independent living and exhibit unconditional positive regard
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with service users’, staff, carers and internal/external professionals to achieve improved outcomes for service users
- Ability to provide guidance and support
- Attention to detail; specifically around the administration of service users’ medication, financial responsibilities, including the ability to produce high quality written reports
- The ability to operate as a member of a team and take responsibility for the environment and the safety of service users in the absence of the senior members of staff
- The ability to attend and participate in staff meetings, supervision, performance review and development and to participate in developing team plans
- The ability to work in partnership with families
- Ability to meet deadlines
Please see Job Profile for further details.
Aberdeen City Council is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion.
We are happy to talk flexible working and offer flexible working for most roles in the organisation meaning that many of our employees enjoy the freedom of choosing a working pattern that suits them as much as it suits the organisation.
We are a Disability Confident Employer. If you consider yourself to have a disability and think you may require a reasonable adjustment to be made for this part of the selection process, or would like further information in relation to reasonable adjustments, please contact AskHR@aberdeencity.gov.uk.
We are a forces-friendly employer, have signed the Armed Forces Covenant and are a silver award recipient in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme. We have a specific email address for those in the forces, those who have left the forces, as well as their partners / spouses / families: email@example.com. We are able to answer questions about jobs and our application / selection process, as well as about our employee support provisions.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
We have a number of guaranteed interview schemes available to applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our roles and who:
- have a disability
- are care-experienced and aged 16-29
- are aged 16-24 and live in Aberdeen City or have been to an Aberdeen City Council school and are applying for a Modern Apprenticeship (except Trades apprenticeships)
- have done a Foundation Apprenticeship with Aberdeen City Council and are applying for any apprenticeships relevant to the area in which they did their Foundation Apprenticeship
- are New Scots aged 16-24 and are applying for any apprenticeships
Further information can be found at https://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/services/jobs