- Marischal College, Broad Street, Aberdeen, AB10 1AB
- £12.15 - £13.66 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 38.5 hours per week
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on this link and the Job Profile attached. These explain the job role and the type of person we're looking for.
Location: Marischal College
Duration: Permanent, Full time - 38.5 hours per week
About the Role:
A System Operator will be required to work in a multi-agency environment within Aberdeen City Council’s Operations Control Centre (OCC). The role requires the ongoing monitoring of live systems, the ability to interpret and respond to complex data to ensure safe and efficient operations across the city.
This post works as part of a shift rotational team that operates a 24 hours, 7 days a week service monitoring and managing live operational systems.
Minimum Qualification(s) / Certificates / Memberships etc. required
• Educated to Higher or equivalent qualification level
• To be able to attain and hold Non Police Personnel Level 2 Vetting
• Adhere to Official Secrets Act
• Occasional need to work outside and on site in all weathers where required.
• Work an agreed shift pattern covering days, nights and weekends.
As a minimum, demonstrate skills and experience in:
• Proven ability to use a range of computer-based systems including Office 365 packages and Microsoft Teams.
• Proven ability to take a logical and analytical approach to solving problems.
• Proven ability to analyse different types of data and identify patterns and trends.
• Experience writing complex reports on performance indicators which include analysis of different datasets.
• Experience managing competing demands/priorities in a multi-agency environment.
• Experience co-ordinating resources.
• Experience working with contractors to ensure key tasks are carried out with minimum interruption to service delivery.
• Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Proven ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Proven ability to manage a real time workload while delivering on key objectives.
• Proven ability working and supporting events and responding to live incidents/issues.
As a minimum, demonstrate an understanding of:
• Data Protection Act 2018
• The Protection of Freedoms Act 2012
Demonstrate commitment to:
• Workshop to Raise Awareness of Prevent (Preventing Terrorism)
• ACT NOW CONTEST course.
• Relevant systems training.
• Complete the following online interactive courses:
Data Protection Essentials – OIL Module
Protecting Children - OIL Module
For Your Eyes Only - OIL Module
Freedom of Information - OIL Module
Please see Job Profile for further details.
Aberdeen City Council is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion.
We are happy to talk flexible working and offer flexible working for most roles in the organisation meaning that many of our employees enjoy the freedom of choosing a working pattern that suits them as much as it suits the organisation.
We are a Disability Confident Employer. If you consider yourself to have a disability and think you may require a reasonable adjustment to be made for this part of the selection process, or would like further information in relation to reasonable adjustments, please contact AskHR@aberdeencity.gov.uk.
We are a forces-friendly employer, have signed the Armed Forces Covenant and are a silver award recipient in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme. We have a specific email address for those in the forces, those who have left the forces, as well as their partners / spouses / families: email@example.com. We are able to answer questions about jobs and our application / selection process, as well as about our employee support provisions.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
We have a number of guaranteed interview schemes available to applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our roles and who:
• have a disability
• are care-experienced and aged 16-29
• are aged 16-24 and live in Aberdeen City or have been to an Aberdeen City Council school and are applying for a Modern Apprenticeship (except Trades apprenticeships)
• have done a Foundation Apprenticeship with Aberdeen City Council and are applying for any apprenticeships relevant to the area in which they did their Foundation Apprenticeship
• are New Scots aged 16-24 and are applying for any apprenticeships
Further information can be found at https://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/services/jobs