- Kilarrow House, Bowmore, Isle of Islay., PA43 7LB
- £19,143 - £19,983 per year pro rata
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 20 hours per week
This position has expired.
Department: Health and Social Care Partnership
Closing Date: Friday 15th October 2021
Home Carer required for maintaining the home care service on the Island of Jura.
Good people skills required and a background of working in adult services would be an advantage.
Training in SVQ level 2 or other qualifications in the care sector would be of benefit.
Manual handling training will be provided as well as other mandatory courses.
An empathetic and caring nature is necessary.
Work hours will be agreed which best suit the service and a good rate of pay and holiday allowance will be discussed at interview.
Applicants should note that:-
- This post is not suitable for job share.
- The salary shown is the full time equivalent salary, the actual salary will be paid pro rata for the hours worked.
- The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exclusions and Exceptions) (Scotland) Order 2013, as amended, applies to this post.
- This post requires Protection of Vulnerable Group (PVG) Membership in relation to working with adults.
- This post requires registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC).
To apply for this vacancy, please click on the Apply Now button at the top of this page.
If you would like clarification on any information contained within the vacancy advert and/or the job description you will require to speak with the recruiting manager, who is
Sarah Livingstone / Catriona Smith
Home Care Organisers
01586555977 / 01546604087
Please note that you cannot apply for this vacancy by contacting the recruiting manager, applications must be made by clicking on the Apply Now button at the top of this page.
Please also note that we do not accept CV’s, only applications completed and submitted via the Apply Now button on this page.
We encourage applications from people from all backgrounds and aim to have a workforce that represents the wider society that we serve. We pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. We champion diversity, inclusion and wellbeing and aim to create a workplace where everyone feels valued and a sense of belonging. To find out more about our commitment to this please visit Equality & Diversity Policy