- Location: Gilmerton Primary School, Moredun Dykes South Road, Edinburgh, EH17 8NQ
- Rate: £9.34 per hour
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Part Time
- Hours: 10 hours per week
Gilmerton Primary School
Rate: £9.34 per hour (including living wage allowance, pro-rata for 40 weeks sessional)
Hours: 1 post is 10 hours per week, Monday to Friday 4.00pm to 6.00pm, 40 weeks per year
1 post is 12 hours per week, Monday to Thursday 4.00pm to 6.30pm & Friday 4.00pm to 6.00pm, 40 weeks per year
We require two cleaners to join our team,
• Working to empty litter and recycling bins.
• The cleaning of all surfaces, internal glass, floors, furniture, fixtures and fittings within a group of buildings.
• The cleaning of all sanitary areas, toilets and showers and the replenishment of washroom consumables.
• Emergency and re-active cleaning as required, e.g. removal of graffiti, body fluid spillages, accidental spillages.
• The care and cleanliness of all equipment used in carrying out the above duties.
• Facilities Management is responsible for keyholding to enable opening and closing of buildings that we service. As part of the duties of a Cleaning Operative, you may be required to fulfil these tasks. This typically would include operation of security alarm systems, closing accessible windows and doors and switching off lights, ensuring that premises are left safe and secure.
The post is considered Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children and/or Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made by the City of Edinburgh Council.
The City of Edinburgh Council applies a Living Wage allowance to ensure that all employees earn at least £9.34 per hour. Successful applicants will be paid the hourly rate as advertised, plus the allowance, in order to bring their earnings to £9.34 per hour.
Follow us on Twitter at @edincounciljobs