- Broughton High School, 29 East Fettes Avenue, Edinburgh, EH4 1EG
- £18,860 - £19,142 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Term Time Part Time
- 23 hours per week
This position has expired.
Communities and Families
Broughton High School
Salary: £18,860 - £19,142 (pro rata for part time and sessional)
Hours: 23 per week, 39 weeks per year
Working pattern: Tue/Wed/Thur 10:00-16:15, Fri 10:00-15:15 (15 min break each day)
We are looking for an experienced Clerical Assistant to join our busy team. The successful candidate will have experience of working in a busy office environment and be willing to work flexibly to meet the needs of the service.
Part of the working day will include manning our busy reception area so excellent communication /interpersonal skills and experience of working in this kind of environment is essential.
Desired qualities include:
- Confident user of a range of computer packages including Microsoft Office, Excel, Publisher
- Attention to detail
- Well organised and able to act on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Willingness to gain knowledge and undertake training
- Self-confident and self- motivated
- Flexible in approach and open to different ways of working
- Accuracy with figures
- Excellent customer care/people skills
- Confident, efficient and reliable
- Discreet and tactful
- Ability to relate and communicate well with all levels of staff
- Willingness to accept direction/delegation
- Ability to work in a shared office
- Flexibility to meet the needs and demands of the service
For more information about the school, please visit the website https://www.broughton.edin.sch.uk/ or call 0131 332 7805.
This post is considered Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children and/or Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made by the City of Edinburgh Council.
We're committed to creating a workplace culture where all our people feel valued, included and able to be their best at work, and we recognise the benefits that a diverse workforce with different values, beliefs, experience, and backgrounds brings to us as an organisation
Our salary range typically reflects the initial starting salary and annually increases until it reaches the top of the range. For roles in grade 5 or above, annual increments in our contribution zones are dependent on achieving agreed performance goals.