- Waverley Court 4 East Market Street, EH8 8BG
- £26,919 - £32,123 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
This position has expired.
Clerk of Works - Roads Inspector - Permits Section
Salary: £26,919 - £32,123
Hours: 36 per week
Based at Waverley Court, You will be part of a team to help manage and co-ordinate Edinburgh’s Road Network.
- You will be expected to carry out all categories of inspection as necessary in respect of Utility work on the public road, examine and monitor standards of work and compliance with the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 and associated Codes of Practice.
- Attend site meetings with Utility companies’ representatives and represent the interests of the Council as roads authority in order to minimise disruption and ensure works are co-ordinated with other activities on the network.
- Inspect and report on standards of workmanship and compliance with current legislation.
- Ensure that all work is carried out with due regard to public safety and traffic requirements.
- Inspect monitor and report on development and contracts ensuring that they are being undertaken in accordance with Council requirements and specifications.
- Inspect sites where permissions have been issued for skips, scaffolding etc.
- Undertake enforcement action to remove illegal road occupations such as goods on display, advertising boards, skips, scaffolding, container units etc.
The role supports the Transport Officer in undertaking their duties.
The role offers an excellent pension package and leave entitlement.
Our salary range typically reflects the initial starting salary and annually increases until it reaches the top of the range. For roles in grade 5 or above, annual increments in our contribution zones are dependent on achieving agreed performance goals.
We're committed to creating a workplace culture where all our people feel valued, included and able to be their best at work, and we recognise the benefits that a diverse workforce with different values, beliefs, experience, and backgrounds brings to us as an organisation.
Follow us on Twitter at @edincounciljobs