- The Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, 51 Little France Crescent, EDINBURGH, EH16 4SA
- £22,129 - £26,393 per year
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
This position has expired.
- Supporting the work of the specialist social workers within the Renal and Scottish Liver Transplant Teams based at the Royal Infirmary Edinburgh.
- Taking part in the duty system and responding to queries and assisting patients with urgent requests.
- Attending information sharing clinics in the dialysis units in St John’s Hospital, West Lothian; Borders General Hospital in Melrose and Western General Hospital and Royal Infirmary Hospitals in Edinburgh.
- Keeping in touch with patients who are on the waiting list for transplant or dialysis providing emotional support if necessary.
- Attending support groups throughout Scotland if required.
- Attending multi-agency meetings with the specialist social workers to agree practical support plans for patients and their families, including help at home.
- Support with benefit applications, appeals and change of circumstances.
- Charitable grant applications. These can be for financial assistance, white goods, furniture, household items, sheds for storage of dialysis equipment, holidays and specialist equipment etc.
- Supporting families with housing issues including re-housing requests, adaptations to enable better home care, medical priority, council tax benefits etc
- Support to access food banks. Support with accessing local authority schemes such as Blue Badges, Disabled Facilities Grants etc.
- Referring, signposting and liaising with other agencies and professionals.
We're committed to creating a workplace culture where all our people feel valued, included and able to be their best at work, and we recognise the benefits that a diverse workforce with different values, beliefs, experience, and backgrounds brings to us as an organisation