- Location: Grindlay Street Court Social Work Centre, 2-4 Grindlay Street Court, Edinburgh, EH3 9AR
- Salary: £21,490.00 - £25,623.00 per year
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 36 hours per week
Safer and Stronger Communities, Community Justice
Community Justice Support Worker – Domestic Abuse Service Women’s Worker
Grindlay Street Social Work Centre
Salary: £21,490 - £25,623
Hours: 36 per week
This support worker post is open to female applicants only (Occupational Requirement exception under Equality Act 2010)
This post is located within Domestic Abuse Services, supporting women who have experienced domestic abuse, on a voluntary basis. The post holder will undertake a wide range of tasks including:
• Work as part of a team to support individual clients, alongside a range of professionals and agencies, to enhance safety, improve safe engagement with services and address the effects of domestic abuse
• Ensuring appropriate information sharing with Social Worker Women’s Workers, and others, to inform multi-agency forums
• Contributing to safety planning for women and children and participate in formal meetings
• Maintain and develop relationships with agencies, organisations and professionals who work with women in Edinburgh.
The post holder will provide strengths based and recovery focused practical and emotional support, having a key role in promoting social inclusion, improving health and well-being, and enabling women to access to a wide range of services.
They will evidence a strong commitment to multi-agency approaches, applying the Safe and Together model.
The work of Domestic Abuse Services is informed by a knowledge and understanding of complex trauma and its impact.
This post provides opportunities for the post holder to be involved in the delivery of multi-agency staff development and training.
The advertised salary will increase by 3% on 1st April 2020
This post is considered Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children and/or Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made by the City of Edinburgh Council.
Our salary range typically reflects the initial starting salary and annually increases until it reaches the top of the range. For roles in grade 5 or above, annual increments in our contribution zones are dependent on achieving agreed performance goals.