- Location: Seafield Depot, 1 Fillyside Road, Edinburgh, EH7 6RD
- Salary: £21,490.00 - £25,623.00 per year
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 36 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
Salary: £21,490 - £25,623
Hours: 36 per week
Are you a data person with attention to detail?
Working in the heart of the Waste and Cleansing Service we're looking for a self motivated individual to log, monitor and report on Edinburgh's non-recycling and recycling waste. Ensuring our tonnage reporting systems are continuously updated and maintained with accurate and up to date information.
You will also provide support to the Waste and Cleansing Contracts team by assisting in the management of contracts and monitoring performance of individual contracts. This will include the raising of purchase orders and invoices on a monthly basis.
- You will be working within agreed procedures, processes or briefs. When required, you will deploy creative solution skills to a task to achieve the agreed outcome.
- You will have confidence and experience with managing information and will be able to interpret and analyse data effectively
- Work without close daily supervision using own initiative to ensure operational processes are completed to essential timelines.
- You will provide analysis and interpret a wide range of data to evaluate service effectiveness and the achievement of planned outcomes and benefits
- Responsible for the input of tonnage data for all waste streams on a monthly basis. Identify any anomalies and raise these with the Contract Manager.
- Liaising with contractors to ensure information is provided in a timely manner and follow up on any issues/queries raised to seek clarification.
- Responsible for ensuring the recording systems are kept up to date to reflect any changes with contracts/contractors.
- Interrogate appropriate systems to run ad hoc operational reports to support frontline service delivery and highlight where improvements are required.
- Responsible for the initial input of tonnage information to the Waste Data Flow system for all waste sites. This will be reviewed by line managers prior to submission to SEPA.
Ability to manipulate and visualise data in Excel
Excellent analytical, diagnostic, and problem-solving skills.
Excellent data scrutiny and numeracy skills.
Excellent communication skills
Our salary range typically reflects the initial starting salary and annually increases until it reaches the top of the range. For roles in grade 5 or above, annual increments in our contribution zones are dependent on achieving agreed performance goals.
Follow us on Twitter at @edincounciljobs