- Waverley Court 4 East Market Street, EH8 8BG
- £44,934 - £53,781 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 36 hours per week
Principle Risk Adviser
Salary: £44,934 - £53,781
Hours: 36 per week
The Principal Risk Adviser is part of the Council's second line Corporate Risk Management team. The role will involve working closely with the Council's Chief Risk Officer and the existing Principal Risk Adviser to support implementation of the Council’s refreshed operational risk management framework; providing ongoing assurance to confirm that it is being consistently applied; and providing ongoing support to first line service teams in a 'critical friend' capacity.
This will be achieved through:
- delivering ongoing assurance across the Council to confirm completeness of service risk registers and risk flows into the Corporate Leadership Team risk register.
- attendance at directorate risk committees to share knowledge of new and emerging risks.
- providing constructive challenge (where appropriate) to ensure that all significant risks are escalated for consideration at the Corporate Leadership Team risk committee.
- supporting future design and implementation of further operational risk management framework developments.
- facilitating risk workshops to support operational and strategic decision making, and support creation of risk registers for significant projects.
The Corporate Risk Management Team is also responsible for maintaining the Council’s Risk Appetite Statement, which is refreshed and approved annually; and the Corporate Leadership Team risk profile that is presented quarterly to the Council's Governance, Risk, and Best Value Committee for review and scrutiny by Elected Members. The new risk adviser will also support the Chief Risk Officer with these and other committee reporting processes.
We're committed to creating a workplace culture where all our people feel valued, included and able to be their best at work, and we recognise the benefits that a diverse workforce with different values, beliefs, experience, and backgrounds brings to us as an organisation.
Our salary range typically reflects the initial starting salary and annually increases until it reaches the top of the range. For roles in grade 5 or above, annual increments in our contribution zones are dependent on achieving agreed performance goals.
Follow us on Twitter at @edincounciljobs