- Location: Seafield Depot, 1 Fillyside Road, Edinburgh, EH7 6RD
- Salary: £30,563.00 - £36,499.00 per year
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 36 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
Safety and Compliance Coordinator
Salary: £30,563 - £36,499
Hours: 36 per week
Are you up for a challenge?
We're looking for a motivated and experienced individual to plan and coordinate health and safety, vehicle and other compliance for the Waste and Cleansing Service ensuring full compliance with all relevant legislation, codes of practice, guidance and procedures.
Duties will include:
- Responsibility to ensure that the Waste and Cleansing service is fully compliant with the requirements of all Health and Safety legislation, codes of practice, guidance and procedures.
- In conjunction with colleagues in Fleet, put measures in place to ensure that the Waste Collection service is fully compliant with the requirements of the vehicle operators licence.
- Develop policies and procedures, and supporting documentation such as toolbox talks, to enhance compliance with health and safety legislation and industry best practice and represent the Council on national safety forums.
- Keep the service updated on best practice in health and safety and vehicle compliance in the Waste and Cleansing industry.
- You will plan and deliver high quality training programme for the waste and cleansing service to ensure a consistent and appropriate skill set for all employees.
- Thorough knowledge of Council policy, procedures and practice and the relevant legislation relating to health and safety, codes of practice and guidance.
- Experience in dealing with the implementation of national health and safety policy at a local level with experience of developing policies and procedures.
- Analyse and identify problems or issues that arise within their area of work and apply high levels of creativity in developing innovative solutions for said problems.
- Develop and maintain positive professional relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders and interest groups.
- Develop creative approaches and techniques in the compiling and delivery of the training programme for waste and cleansing.
- You will be able communicate effectively in both oral and written forms, with a range of audiences including individuals at all levels within the organisation, businesses and the general public.
- Organise you workload in order to deal with simultaneous demands and to meet deadlines.
- You will work proactively and with limited supervision, whilst at the same time recognising when matters need to be referred to a more senior officer
Our salary range typically reflects the initial starting salary and annually increases until it reaches the top of the range. For roles in grade 5 or above, annual increments in our contribution zones are dependent on achieving agreed performance goals.
Follow us on Twitter at @edincounciljobs