- Location: Seafield Depot, 1 Fillyside Road, Edinburgh, EH7 6RD
- Salary: £30,563.00 - £36,499.00 per year
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 36 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
Senior Contract Officer
Salary: £30,563 - £36,499
Hours: 36 per week
Contract procurement and management is an integral part of the delivery of Waste and Cleansing Services and we now have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Contracts Officer to join the team.
Duties will include:
- You will oversee the contract management and procurement plan for the service, updating where appropriate and identifying upcoming procurement exercises. You will manage and lead end to end procurement projects, from inception to service delivery
- You will engage with suppliers and service colleagues to develop and lead procurement approaches that secure best practice and optimise value for money.
- You will be an enthusiastic self-starter who can use your commercial skills to deliver real value to the service whilst achieving cost savings and other benefits or opportunities.
- You will mentor and support the Contracts Officer and Contracts Assistant and those involved in procurement activities
- Manage and lead end to end procurement projects, from inception to service delivery
- Engage with suppliers and service colleagues to develop and lead procurement approaches that secure best practice and optimise value for money.
- Oversee the contract management and procurement plan for the service, updating where appropriate and identifying upcoming procurement exercises.
- Identify and manage risks and issues with procurement and contract activities ensuring compliance with Contract Standing Orders and relevant legislation
- Write tender specifications, works orders, service level agreements and other documentation as required.
- Act as the first point for the management of Council contractors, ensuring monthly performance is in line with Key Performance Indicators and where appropriate issuing default notices/raising performance concerns.
- A degree or an equivalent professional qualification is essential. Relevant experience and demonstrated competence may be taken into account in place of formal qualifications.
- Knowledge of procurement legislation such as Public Contracts (Scotland) Regulations 2012 and of Council Contracts Standing Orders is essential. The post holder must also have a sound understanding of the essential documentation associated with the tendering and issue of contracts.
- The post holder must be able to communicate and negotiate effectively at all levels both verbally and in writing and able to demonstrate an ability to analyse complex issues, assess their business impact and resolve these effectively
Our salary range typically reflects the initial starting salary and annually increases until it reaches the top of the range. For roles in grade 5 or above, annual increments in our contribution zones are dependent on achieving agreed performance goals.
Follow us on Twitter at @edincounciljobs