- Location: Kilncraigs, Greenside Street, Alloa, FK10 1EB
- Salary: £28,853.27 - £32,448.53 per year
- Contract Type: Fixed Term
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 35 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The post holder will prepare, manage and regularly update the Council's corporate approach to Brexit preparedness and policy matters. In addition, will work with senior managers and the Emergency and Resilience Officer to maintain the Council’s Brexit Risk Register and Business Continuity Plans.
Key duties are to:
- Support the Senior Leadership Team in ensuring Clackmannanshire Council is able to respond to the deal/no deal outcomes associated with Brexit
- Be the Council’s lead contact and co-ordinator for all matters relating to Brexit
- Report to the Senior Leadership Team and Risk and Integrity Group on the Council’s preparedness to meet the challenges of any Brexit outcome
- Develop delivery plans and policies to manage and mitigate risks and opportunities arising from Brexit.
- Co-ordinate and develop the Council’s Brexit working group and provide policy support for Council IMTs relating to EU Withdrawal.
- Liaise with the Council’s Emergency and Resilience Officer on Brexit related matters, mitigating risks of layering for the Council where appropriate.
- Liaise with and respond to requests for information from external agencies such as Scottish Government, Police Scotland, CoSLA and SOLACE on Brexit related matters.
- Ensure the Council’s Corporate, Service and Team plans and risks registers are updated on Brexit related risks
- Liaise with the Council’s Senior Manager - HR and Workforce on Brexit related matters affecting the Council’s workforce
- Regularly meet with Brexit representatives from across services to update, advise and research Brexit related issues, and assist with the preparation of reports and policies where appropriate.
- Ensure that communities in Clackmannanshire are engaged, informed and kept up to date on Brexit related matters.
Should you have difficulty in accessing the documents and wish to request a paper application pack along with an application form please call 01259 452244 (24 hrs) and leave your details along with the reference number of the post.
Please note that if you are selected for interview you will be notified by e-mail.