- Location: West District Office, Sinclair Street, DD2 3DA
- Salary: £18,251.00 - £19,370.00 per year
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
Based in the Community Safety Team, Community Safety Hub, West District Housing Office, Sinclair Street, working full time, 37 hours per week working a 4 week rota covering back and night shift, Monday to Sunday.
You may be required to work out with normal duty times in the event of a civil emergency.
You must have 2 National 4s, including English or NC/HNC or equivalent.
To assist in providing a 24 hour service, the Safety & Alarm Response Centre Controller / Mobile Responder will:
1. i) Monitor, manage and respond appropriately to all incoming –
• CCTV images
• Intruder, lift, motion detection, lone worker and panic alarm activations
• 24/7 door access requests and calls from multi storey tenants (1,000 flats)
• 24/7 helpline calls from car park users to routine and emergency situations
• Emergency calls (excluding out of hours Council house repairs via 434343)
• Civil Emergencies
• The controller/mobile responder will prioritise service responses and if required, liaise with Emergency Services and/or despatch physical mobile response services to protect people and property across the city
ii) Undertake physical mobile security patrols and responses to Council properties across the City to provide support, advice and security solutions that underpin the safety and security of people and property.
You will have knowledge and understanding of security technologies and solutions. You will have an awareness of community safety issues and the ability to deal with challenging behaviour and situations. You will have knowledge of building maintenance issues. Good written and oral communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment are also essential. You will also possess IT skills and be able to complete paperwork.
You will have sensitivity, patience and understanding when dealing with people in emergency situations and be non-judgemental with a caring, pleasant and professional approach to the post.
You will have a full driving licence.
A Basic Disclosure Scotland check is required.