- Location: Campsie View School, Boghead Road, Lenzie, G66 4DP
- Salary: £20,219.89 - £22,793.00 per year
- Contract Type: Temporary
- Position Type: Term Time Part Time
- Hours: 17.5 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
Please note this post is Temporary until 30/06/2020 pending conclusion of support staff review.
For Part-time and Term-Time hours Salary will be prorated
Based at Campsie View School, you will provide administrative support within the school.
Duties will include supervision of clerical staff, word processing, tasks associated with the maintenance of all school records in relation to pupils and staff, telephone, reception and reprographics duties, distribution of school mail, dealing with pupil enquiries and attending to welfare needs of pupils.
You must have experience of working within an office environment and good IT skills are essential. You should be able to work as part of a team and enjoy a variety of tasks within your remit.
PVG / Disclosure Scotland
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
Charter of Commitment
Thecommitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite,friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted toensure a fair and equitable process with
screeningbeing carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender anddisability.
• The information that we receive will betreated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HRrepresentative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applicationsfrom applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria aremet an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonableadjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable timeafter the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normallywithin 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteriafor interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have beensuccessful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practicallypossible.