- Cleddens Learning &Childcare Centre, Kirriemuir Road, Bishopbriggs, G64 1DL
- £18,066.51 - £20,292.89 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 20 hours per week
Salary will be pro-rated for part-time hours.
The Early Years Housekeeper role will have a crucial role in supporting the early years staff in the serving of lunches to the children, as well as ensuring a high standard of hygiene and cleaning is maintained.
The Housekeeper role will work within an early years centre. The successful candidate will have a key role in interacting with children to encourage trying new foods and ensure safe hygiene practices are adhered to. The successful candidate will be a valued member of the nursery staff and community.
Some knowledge of child development and safe food prep and hygiene practices would be advantages however training will be provided.
Candidates should be enthusiastic and articulate with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and have an understanding of the importance of confidentiality.
Please note due to COVID 19 interviews will be carried out remotely through a virtual platform. Full instructions will be provided if you are invited for an interview.
Protecting Vulnerable Groups
East Dunbartonshire Council is committed to ensuring the safety of vulnerable people and our recruitment process is designed to support this. The preferred candidate will be required to be a member of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups Scheme.
PVG / Disclosure Scotland
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.