- Location: Cleddens Learning &Childcare Centre, Kirriemuir Road, Bishopbriggs, G64 1DL
- Salary: £18,066.51 - £20,292.89 per year
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Part Time
- Hours: 18 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
Salary will be pro-rated for part-time hours.
Early Years Support Worker – 18 hr post
This is a very exciting time in East Dunbartonshire Council. We have developed our Early Years and Childcare Services to meet parents and family’s needs in line with the Children and Young People (Scotland) Act 2014.
You will be required to work as part of a team that supports the development of high quality early years services for children and families. You will assist the Early Years Workers to provide children with a range of appropriate experiences and learning opportunities suitable for their age and stage of development within the context of local and national curriculum guidance and care standards. You will support the Early Years Workers to create a safe, caring, stimulating and inclusive environment for parents and families.
You will provide assistance and support to children with additional support needs, to overcome barriers to learning and participation.
You will be enthusiastic and articulate with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and have an understanding of the importance of confidentiality.
You must possess a relevant childcare qualification or be working towards a relevant childcare qualification or be willing to work towards a relevant childcare qualification as defined in the role profile.
Protecting Vulnerable Groups
East Dunbartonshire Council is committed to ensuring the safety of vulnerable people and our recruitment process is designed to support this. The preferred candidate will be required to be a member of the Protecting Vulnerable Groups Scheme.
PVG / Disclosure Scotland
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.