- Southbank Marina, 12 Strathkelvin Place, Kirkintilloch, G66 1XT
- £24,325.92 - £28,139.96 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
Please note this post is temporary until March 2023.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join East Dunbartonshire Council’s Health & Safety Team to support the achievement of our ambitious programme of work for both fire risk assessments and our corporate requirements.
Reporting to the Health & Safety Manager, you will contribute to the success of the team's priorities by supporting the development and delivery of the fire risk assessment schedule, taking into account the needs of key stakeholders. You will identify fire hazards and risks, record your findings and advise on fire prevention and corrective action as well as preparing emergency plans.
This role acts as a key interface with all strategic services and will support the provision of fire safety advice and guidance which will be aligned to Fire (Scotland) Act 2005 and Fire Safety (Scotland) Regulations 2006.
A key element of the role is the provision of detailed PAS79 format reports on the outcome of Fire Safety Risk Assessments to Duty Holders, providing supporting evidence of observations of non-compliance and making recommendations for improvement actions.
You will actively promote a positive health, safety and fire safety culture through engagement with key stakeholders and the corporate Health and Safety Team. You will be responsible for contributing to the review, development and implementation of a fire safety management policy, with supporting procedures and guidance.
To be effective in this role you will be able to demonstrate a working knowledge and understanding of Fire Safety legislation and regulations including production of risk assessments, audits and inspections. You will have excellent planning and organisational skills, be able to work well with others and be able to influence key stakeholders. You will have a relevant fire safety qualification and/or be able to provide evidence of equivalent experience.
For further information on this exciting opportunity, contact Laura Gold, Health and Safety Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
- Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
- Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
- The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
- We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
- We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
- We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
- We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
- We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
PVG / Disclosure Scotland
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria.
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.