- Southbank Marina, 12 Strathkelvin Place, Kirkintilloch, G66 1XT
- £9.60 per hour
- Contract Type:
- Fixed Term
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
East Dunbartonshire Council is looking to recruit Graduates for the next phase of their GRAD+ Programme.
Being part of the Grad+ Programme will give you real hands-on work experience within a specific Council service. You'll develop in-depth understanding and knowledge of your specialist subject area - working on live projects and getting on and off-the-job training and employability support.
GRAD+ Corporate Procurement (1 post)
This work experience opportunity will be based within Education, People and Business as part of the Corporate Procurement Team. The role of the Grad+ Corporate Procurement placement will be to assist the Council in delivering an efficient procurement service across the organisation.
Applications will be considered from individuals with a genuine interest in developing a career in this business area and who have graduated with a relevant degree.
To qualify to apply you must be unemployed or underemployed, have graduated with a recognised and appropriate degree level qualification, be 25 or under and live in the East Dunbartonshire Council area or who attended an East Dunbartonshire secondary school. Please note that the placement is fixed term only for 2 years. The placement will be 35 hours per week with pay in line with our commitment to the Living Wage.
Please note interviews will take place in late August/September 2021, with a start date in late September.
If this opportunity supports your Degree specialism and career aspirations, our Grad + Programme will give you all the training and support, together with an in-depth understanding of your chosen business area allowing you to develop the skills you need to progress your career, apply now. Applicants may be considered for other suitable early career opportunities.
Please note: that due to the current situation with COVID-19 and possible delays in the recruitment process, we may have to extend the closing date, interview dates and potential start dates of this vacancy. As you will appreciate, we are not able to provide an interview date at this time but we will endeavour to inform all applicants of the status of their applications as soon as we can after the closing date. Interviews are expected to be conducted online.
Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
- Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
- Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
- The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
- We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
- We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
- We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
- We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
- We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
PVG / Disclosure Scotland
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria.
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.