- Location: 21 Southbank Road, Kirkintilloch, Glasgow, G66 1NH
- Salary: £23,157.98 - £26,789.53 per year
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 35 hours per week
An opportunity within the Job Evaluation Team is currently available to undertake the role of a Job Analyst to assist the Job Evaluation Team undertake the evaluation of Local Government Employee posts and Teachers Job Sizing within East Dunbartonshire Council.
Role: Job Analyst
Grade: Grade 6 (£23,157.98 - £26,789.53)
Hours: 35 Hours per week
The role of a job analyst is to:-
Consistently work within the Scottish Joint Council for Local Government Employees Job Evaluation Scheme when evaluating Council roles, ensuring a consistent and quality approach is adopted.
Consistently work within the SNCT Handbook Job Sizing and Job Size Review and EDC Education Procedure Manual 2/29 on Job Sizing, ensuring a consistent and quality approach is adopted.
Establish a sound working knowledge of the Scottish Joint Council for Local Government Employees Job Evaluation Scheme and Education Procedure Manual 2/29 on Job Sizing, ensuring compliance with their application.
Support managers and employees to ensure a comprehensive and consistent understanding of the Scottish Joint Council for Local Government Employees Job Evaluation Scheme.
Support Officers and Head Teachers to ensure a comprehensive and consistent understanding of the Education Procedure Manual 2/29 on Job Sizing
Lead on a range of interviews in order to ensure a complete understanding of the role during the evaluation process.
Act as a problem solver in relation to post anomalies or queries, working in conjunction with the Team Leader ensuring a satisfactory resolution for the Council is reached.
PVG / Disclosure Scotland
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
· Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
· Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
· The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
· We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
· We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
· We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
· We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
· We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.