- Location: Hilton Depot, Balmuildy Road, Bishopbriggs, G64 3QW
- Salary: £25,214.38 - £29,169.20 per year
- Contract Type: Temporary
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
This position is being advertised pending a service review.
Grade 6 - £25,214.38 - £29,169.20 - Plus Tool Allowance
37 Hours per week (fortnightly average): 9 day fortnight shift is in operation
Location – Hilton Depot, Bishopbriggs
Dayshift 6.30am – 3.00pm Mon – Fri
Backshift 12.00Noon – 9.00pm Mon - Thurs
Applications are sought for a suitably qualified & experienced LGV / Plant Mechanic, based at our fleet workshops at the Hilton Depot in Bishopbriggs.
In this role your responsibility will include the day to day maintenance and repair of the Council’s Plant & Vehicle Fleet. Reporting to the workshop Shift Leader your duties will include service, inspection and maintenance of Vehicles & Plant to industry standards ensuring all work undertaken is of the highest standard and vehicles & plant in operation are roadworthy at all times. A compulsory standby service is in operation and there is a requirement for the successful candidate to be on emergency call one week in six.
All candidates must also have completed a recognised apprenticeship in a Plant, LGV or PCV fleet workshop environment, be in possession of a City & Guilds 381 part 1 & 2 qualification or equivalent and hold a full driving licence.
An LGV driving licence would be desirable but is not essential.
PVG / Disclosure Scotland
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.