- Location: Various Locations In East Dunbartonshire, G66 1XT
- Salary: £8,275.00 - £12,783.00 per year
- Contract Type: Temporary
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 35 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
MODERN APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAMME
If you are interested in joining a Council ‘working together to achieve the best with the people of East Dunbartonshire’, getting hands on work experience and a qualification, then East Dunbartonshire Council has the ideal opportunity for you to start building your career. The programme will provide you with an opportunity to work for a Council that is committed to supporting the development of our employees. You will also find a working environment that is not only supportive and respectful, but one where ideas and personal contribution are positively encouraged.
Modern Apprentice Youth Voice and Participation (2 year fixed term)
Under the direction of the Care Experienced Young Person’s Development Adviser, the post holder will work to ensure that young people with care experience are empowered and supported to have their voices heard and to become champions for positive change. They will work directly with young people as part of the Champions Board and will attend and support Champions Board meetings and other related activities.
The main focus of this role will be supporting the planning and delivery of creative and engaging consultation, participation and influencing opportunities for children and young people who are, or have been, looked after to facilitate their involvement with the Champions Board. This is an exciting opportunity to learn to use a range of communications, engagement techniques and creative methods, shaped by an abundance of ideas, to promote involvement and engagement.
The post holder must have care experience*
*The term care experienced refers to anyone who has been or is currently in care or from a looked after background at any stage of their life, no matter how short. This care may have been provided in one of many different settings such as in residential care, foster care, kinship care and looked after at home with a supervision requirement.
Additional information in relation to Modern Apprenticeships and the SVQ element of the programme can be found at www.apprenticeships.scot
Further information on the Modern Apprenticeship Programme please contact Julie Lambie, Learning & Development Facilitator (Early Careers) 0141 777 3085 or email email@example.com
Interviews will be conducted as soon as possible following closing date, start date will be arranged following appointment.
Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
PVG / Disclosure Scotland
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.