- Kirkintilloch Health & Care Centre, Saramago Street, Kirkintilloch, G66 3BF
- £33,651.16 - £38,578.39 per year pro rata
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Part Time
- 17.5 hours per week
This position has expired.
Please note salary will be pro-rated for part-time hours.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and skilled professional to join a busy Occupational Therapy team in providing a service to people of all ages with a disability.
Working in a multidisciplinary environment, you will provide Occupational Therapy input (17.5 hours per week) to customers and their carers, supporting them towards independence in their own home.
The main focus of the role will to be to support the provision of an enabling and caring environment. This includes the assessment of need for and provision of complex equipment and major adaptations and the promotion of good manual handling practice.
You should have excellent communication, assessment, analytical and problem-solving skills. You will need to prepare assessments of need and risk as well as formulate outcome-focussed, evidence-based support plans.
As well as having the ability to self-manage a complex caseload you will be expected to supervise and motivate others. You should have excellent customer service skills and be able to manage complex and sensitive situations.
You should have a sound knowledge of community care legislation and be able to evidence Continuing Professional Development.
The ability to travel within East Dunbartonshire is essential.
You must have a Degree or Diploma in Occupational Therapy and be registered with HCPC. The successful candidate will need to undergo Reference, Criminal Records and PVG checks.
Interviews are likely to be conducted via a video link.
For further information about this role please contact Thomas Gahagan, Team Manager on email@example.com or 0774 818 0363
Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with
screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.