- Location: Broomhill Depot, Kilsyth Road, Kirkintilloch, G66 1TF
- Salary: £21,375.31 - £24,095.46 per year
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 37 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
East Dunbartonshire Council are looking for a Roads Operative to join their Roads Network team.
Reporting to the squad Leader, the post holder is responsible for carrying out the delivery of roads maintenance and street lighting operational activities and response to emergencies activities such as Winter Maintenance, ensuring a high standard of customer service is maintained
Applicants should be self-motivated and able to work flexibly within a team environment as well as reliable and conscientious.
You should have experience in a Roads Maintenance environment or similar field and a driver's license is essential. Street works qualification or HGV license would be desirable but not essential
For an informal discussion about the above post, please contact Liam greene, Roads Network Team Leader on 0141 578 8562
Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
PVG / Disclosure Scotland
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.