- Location: Hilton Depot, Balmuildy Road, Bishopbriggs, G64 3QW
- Salary: £27,191.01 - £31,461.28 per year
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 35 hours per week
Summary role purpose:
- Lead, support and deliver the core activities on the ground of Network Services for all customers and stakeholders and ensure that all operational, financial and performance targets are delivered and met.
- Responsible for the effective co-ordination, utilisation and development of all allocated resources within the post holders remit for the delivery of a safe and cost effective service.
- Responsible for the daily leadership and direction of a substantial front line workforce, ensuring that all working practices are compliant with health & safety procedures, council policies and that the highest quality of work is achieved.
- Support the Waste Services team by promoting a performance-driven culture of team work and flexibility, contributing to the overall success of the Council.
- Support and encourage the continuous improvement of service delivery and performance of the Waste Services team.
Further details about this role are available within the attached Role Profile.
To express an interest in this role and to support the recruitment and selection process, please submit an application form to www.myjobscotland.gov.uk or contact Maureen McColl on 0141-574-5791.
PVG / Disclosure Scotland
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.