- Broomhill Depot, Kilsyth Road, Kirkintilloch, G66 1TF
- £39,363.09 - £44,345.07 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
This post is only available to all permanent and temporary employees and agency workers currently on assignment within East Dunbartonshire Council.
Temporary Senior Social Worker Post
The Senior Practitioner position is crucial to ensure the successful and safe running of a service to some of our most vulnerable children. The post is an exciting opportunity for a social worker with experience and some leadership skills to continue their professional development, and be part of an existing and supportive team. The successful candidate would support the Team Manager with day-to-day operations and management of the team to ensure the effective and safe provision of a range of social work services to customers which will maximise individual and community safety and promote individual responsibility, capacity and potential.
Key activities include: to operate as a senior practitioner with a caseload which reflects activity of a complex nature, including assessment and management of risk and ensuring effective care planning and interventions; provide a lead practice role within the team and operate at a level of expertise and competence which provides a model of good practice to other team member.
They will contribute to the development and implementation of policies and strategies in line with the Council’s functions and responsibilities, while contributing to achievement of the Children and Families Team objectives and standards by supporting team work and flexibility.
If you require more information about the post please contact Suzanne Greig on 07775 513932.
PVG / Disclosure Scotland
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria.
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
CHARTER OF COMMITMENT
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
- Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
- Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
- The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
- We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
- We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
- We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
- We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
- We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.