- William Patrick Library, 2/4 West High Street, Kirkintilloch, G66 1AD
- £28,012.22 - £32,410.22 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
This post is only available to all permanent and temporary employees and agency workers currently on assignment within East Dunbartonshire Council.
East Dunbartonshire Council’s Housing Service is looking for a Systems Development Officer to manage and maintain the Housing Service’s Integrated Housing Management System (IHMS) and produce statistical information and reports. This opportunity comes at an exciting time as the Housing Service is in the process of implementing a signifcant update to the IHMS. As such the post holder will also play a central role in supporting the ICT project manager in the procurement and implementation of the new system.
The post holder will also contribute to the development and implementation of the Local Housing Strategy Action Plan outcomes, Single Outcome Agreement, Scottish Social Housing Charter and Housing Need and Demand Assessment to ensure the Council complies with legislation and Scottish Government guidance
You should have a Housing, ICT or Statistical experience, be a team player, self-motivated, flexible, adaptable, customer focused, and have good planning, organisational and project management skills.
If you require an informal discussion about the above post, please contact Gillian Lunn, Team Leader – Housing Operations at Gillian.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with
screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
PVG / Disclosure Scotland
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.