- Broomhill Depot, Kilsyth Road, Kirkintilloch, G66 1TF
- £28,012.22 - £32,410.22 per year
- Contract Type:
- Position Type:
- Full Time
- 35 hours per week
This position has expired.
East Dunbartonshire is an excellent location to live, work and relax. It is one of the eight local authorities which make up the Glasgow City Region and consists of attractive urban and rural areas. The road network challenges are therefore mixed and exciting, ranging from delivery of improved traffic flow on major arterial routes to delivering traffic calming in smaller settlements. Providing road safety, parking and traffic advice through the planning process is a key priority for the Technical & Engineering Services team. There is also the opportunity to get involved in wider transportation schemes.
Based in Kirkintilloch and reporting to the Team Leader Technical & Engineering Services, the post holder will be responsible in an area of East Dunbartonshire for road markings, signing and road safety. The post holder may specialise in traffic signals, traffic regulation orders or traffic engineering for a wider area.
A background in one of the key work areas of traffic signals, lining, signing, road safety or traffic management is essential. The post holder will be required to communicate with the public, residents’ groups, local ward members and work colleagues. Training opportunities may be available if identified through the Council’s personal development process.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a small traffic team in a post which has a wide remit and scope for significant personal development and achievement. For an informal discussion about any aspects related to these posts please contact Graeme McLay, Team Leader Technical & Engineering Services on 0141 578 8629 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
PVG / Disclosure Scotland
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with
screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.