- Location: Various Locations within Falkirk Council, FK1 5RS
- Salary: £32,994.00 - £41,412.00 per year
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 35 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
Various posts across the Falkirk Council area for August 2020 start date
Falkirk Council is seeking to recruit class teachers who are highly skilled practitioners, committed to delivering the very best learning and teaching experiences for our children and young people.
The key policy document for Falkirk schools is Learning to Achieve. This was co-created by Headteachers, teachers, early years practitioners, support staff, parents/carers, pupils and other partners.
It sets out clearly our expectations for our class teachers, namely that they are practitioners who demonstrate commitment to meeting the needs of all learners by:
• reflecting critically on their practice
• being proactive in seeking professional learning opportunities that further enhance skills and knowledge
• adopting flexible, creative approaches to meet the needs of all learners
• using current educational thinking to inform their practice
• making good use of professional collaboration in school and beyond
• communicating effectively with others
Successful applicants will:
• hold an appropriate primary qualification
• be fully registered with the General Teaching Council, Scotland (GTCS)
• be required to gain/maintain PVG Scheme Membership
• be able to demonstrate that they possess the commitment, knowledge and skills outlined in the Standard for Full Registration
• Successful applicants who progress to the next stage of the recruitment process will be invited to attend:
• Classroom observation: 19th to 24th March
• Interview: 30th March - to 1st Apr. Applicants are encouraged to be explicit in detailing their skills, experience and attributes that they can bring to this post, whilst adhering to the maximum number of words allowed per question.
• Posts are available in a number of schools, successful applicants will be advised of the school they have been allocated to by June 2020
• Promotional video for Children’s Services https://youtu.be/E3S_W4gEeq0
• Falkirk Council Validated Self-Evaluation and Service Plan http://www.falkirk.gov.uk/about_council/performance_zone/service_perfor… services/education_services.aspx
• Learning to Achieve http://www.falkirk.gov.uk/services/education/learning_to_achieve.aspx
• My Future's in Falkirk http://www.myfuturesinfalkirk.co.uk/