- Location: Kinnaird Primary School, McIntyre Avenue, Larbert, Falkirk, FK5 4TQ
- Salary: £47,472.00 per year
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 35 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
This post is based within the Kinnaird Primary School Thistle Wing, a Falkirk Council provision for pupils who have severe and complex Additional Support Needs. As Principal Teacher you will be a core member of the school’s management team and will have delegated operational management responsibility within the Thistle Wing for curricular and pastoral areas of work in addition to teaching assigned classes. You will model the highest standards of learning and teaching and will inspire, motivate and support colleagues in the development of their own classroom practice. We are looking for a Principal Teacher who:
• has an excellent pedagogical knowledge of learning and teaching and a depth of exemplary teaching experience including relevant experience within the severe and complex sector
• is committed to continuous improvement.
• motivates, guides and leads others.
• leads learning and improvement.
• works effectively with a wide range of stakeholders to bring about improvement.
• uses skilled interactions when dealing with pupils, colleagues and parents and partners. You will hold an appropriate primary qualification and have a depth of exemplary teaching experience including relevant experience within the severe and complex sector. Applicants are encouraged to be explicit in detailing their skills, experience and attributes that they can bring to this post.
If you are the successful candidate, you will be required to gain/maintain PVG scheme membership