- Location: Various Locations
- Salary: £18,847.00 - £21,193.00 per year pro rata
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Position Type: Part Time
Working Hours: Various contracts ranging from 20 to 23.32 hours per week
Working Locations: Based throughout Levenmouth & East Neuk Areas
Interview Date: Tuesday 23 June 2020
The job pack for this vacancy is attached at the bottom of the page. It provides more detailed information about the job and the type of person we are looking for.
For 'Helpful Hints' when applying to work for us and details of our How We Work Matters Behaviour Framework, please click here.
If you’re compassionate, have a sense of fun and enjoy working with people you could be perfect for this career, why not join our team of Home Carers in Leven, Buckhaven, Methil, Lundin Links, Elie, St Monans, Pittenweem, Anstruther and Crail and surrounding villages. We have several work patterns available so there really is something to suit everyone and we currently have various day shift and back shift contracts on offer.
Search for more 'Fife Council Jobs' on Facebook or follow us on Twitter @FCJobsOfficial.
This work is about helping people to live well and achieve the things in life that really matter to them. You’ll go home each day knowing you have made a difference. By choosing to work as a Home Carer for Fife Council, you will earn a competitive salary and have access to a whole range of benefits, including:
• £10.04 per hour to start with, plus extra payments for shift work, including weekends.
• As this role involves travelling between service user homes, travel expenses will be paid – we pay 45 pence per mile to staff using their own car from a set base.
• A generous pension scheme and holiday entitlement of 24 days (pro-rata).
• Access to and support with a range of training opportunities and qualifications that you will need for the job.
• You will also be provided with a uniform and a handheld device.
• Local and national discounts including supermarkets, restaurants and retail!
In return, you will provide support to people in their homes in accordance with the National Care Standards https://bit.ly/2YySl2N, record information in service user care plans and provide companionship and support.
Due to the nature of the role, you will also be required to obtain Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme Membership for children and protected adults.
There are over 200,000 people working in social services and they come from all walks of life. You can take a look at stories from people who provide support with health and care to learn how they got started, what they like most and their best words of advice for you. See the link to the SSSC website below.
If you want to progress into promoted posts there are qualifications to help you do this. Explore interactive pathways to see how qualifications can help you build a career here http://learn.sssc.uk.com/careers/social-services-and-healthcare/index.html
For further information please contact: Steven Boyce - 03451 555 555 + ext 460511 or Steven.Boyce@fife.gov.uk