- Location: Various Locations in Fife, KY7 5LT
- Salary: £20,573.00 - £22,807.00 per year pro rata
- Contract Type: Temporary
- Position Type: Part Time
- Hours: 18 hours per week
Applications for this job cannot be made online. Please refer to the advert for further information.
Contract Type: Temporary for 12 months
Interview Date: Week commencing 7 October 2019
The job pack for this vacancy is attached at the bottom of the page. It provides more detailed information about the job and the type of person we are looking for.
All employees are expected to display and promote certain behaviours in the workplace. Our ‘How We Work Matters’ behaviour framework contains more information and is available via this link.
Before applying, it is important that you read the ‘Candidate Information’ by clicking on this link. The main Terms and Conditions and employment are available via the same link.
Search for more 'Fife Council Jobs' on Facebook or follow us on Twitter @FCJobsOfficial.
Good Housing impacts on so many aspects of our daily lives. As well as being a basic human right, it also encourages a sense of community, helps economies to thrive and creates an environment which people want to protect.
We need you to help us meet our aim to provide everyone with access to good quality, affordable decent housing that meets their needs and aspirations. We want to improve the quality of life for people across Fife and we work with many different organisations, including tenants groups, to try to make that happen.
As a Housing Assessment Officer you will form part of the Adaptations Team. You will work alongside colleagues in the Health and Social Care Partnership to support and promote independent living by providing housing improvement information, advice and assistance to those in Fife Council tenancies and private housing.
We are looking for an individual who can empathise with our service users, and who can demonstrate inter-personal, team working and coping skills to deliver the best services they can to our clients.
Essential criteria for the post include
- 4 Standard Grades or equivalent, including English, or an SVQ Level 2 in Housing
- Good communication skills at all levels, both verbal and written
- Confident worker with the ability to work as part of a team or as an individual
- The ability to deliver quality customer service and work well under pressure
- Knowledge and understanding of housing issues and policies
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to prioritise workloads, analyse and resolve problems
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent numeric and computer skills
- Able to provide a regular and effective service.
For further information, please contact: Leanne Gilhooley 03451 555 555 ext 480415 or email Leanne.Gilhooley@fife.gov.uk