- Location: Rothesay House, Glenrothes, KY7 5PQ
- Salary: £15,336 - £20,573 per year
- Contract Type: Temporary
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours: 36 hours per week
Year 1 - FC3, £15,336
Year 2 - FC4, £18,302
Year 3 - FC5, £20,573
Contract Type: Temporary for 3 years
Interview Date: Thursday 5 September 2019
The job pack for this vacancy is attached at the bottom of the page. It provides more detailed information about the job and the type of person we are looking for.
All employees are expected to display and promote certain behaviours in the workplace. Our ‘How We Work Matters’ behaviour framework contains more information and is available via this link.
Before applying, it is important that you read the ‘Candidate Information’ by clicking on this link. The main Terms and Conditions and employment are available via the same link.
Search for more 'Fife Council Jobs' on Facebook or follow us on Twitter @FCJobsOfficial.
Fife Council is committed to creating employment and training opportunities for the young people of Fife. These housing trainee roles are funded through the Workforce Youth Investment programme and are just part of this commitment. We will advertise further traineeship and modern apprentice roles here as they become available.
A housing traineeship is a work-based training programme that leads to an industry approved qualification. The training can be both on and off-the-job, which means trainees learn the right mix of skills, abilities and knowledge.
The post-holder will become professionally skilled and competent as a member of an operational housing team providing a comprehensive range of landlord and estate services. They will also attain SVQ3 and SVQ4 qualifications in Housing, supplemented with professional certification from Chartered Institute of Housing (Scotland).
You will be trained to be the key contact between the Council and its tenants, and so your key responsibilities will be
- Listening to what customers want and need
- Feeding back to customers and stakeholders on outcomes
- Help with a range of project work, applying learned skills as part of a project team.
- Carry out research and analysis to identify appropriate proposals / solutions for your project team.
- Assist in production of a range of written material including reports, policies / procedures / processes and guidance, using a range of software packages.
- Provide advice to tenants and support the implementation of decisions where necessary.
- Provide customers with housing information as required.
- Provide support to Housing Teams on various tenancy and landlord issues
- Maintain a range of work related records for customers and colleagues, and keep personal records up to date
These vacancies are restricted to applicants who currently live in Fife. You must also be aged between 16 and 24 at 9th September 2019.
We are looking for people who can empathise with our service users, and who can demonstrate inter-personal, team working and coping skills to deliver the best services they can to our tenants.
Essential criteria for the post include
- Ability to produce good quality written work
- Experience of data collection and analysis
- Interest in the work of Housing
- Research & problem solving skills
- Ability to empathise with service users in order to offer the right services
- Ability to use MS Windows based packages
- Ability to use own initiative and work to deadlines
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to cope well with challenges and change situations
- Ability to operate effectively to deadlines
- Ability to travel to different locations as appropriate
Minimum 3 Standard Grades at credit level 1/2, to include English and Maths
3 Intermediate 2’s, to include maths and English
3 National 5s, to include English and Maths
equivalent Core Skills at SCQF level 5
Previous experience can be considered as equivalent see SCQF Framework www.scqf.org.uk/framework-diagram
As part of this job role the post holder will be expected to work towards and gain an SVQ Level 3 & 4 in Housing.
For further information, please contact:
Lynne Smith – firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel 03451 555 555 Ext 474016